Are you looking for the best type of food for you? Do you want to know which food to eat? While searching for food, you should keep several factors in mind. These include whether the food is healthy, nutritious, tasty, and beneficial for your body.
You should go for such food that covers all these points. Mediterranean food is a reliable source of enjoyment for everyone. Plus, it handles adding plenty of flavors to your mouth. If you are fond of eating delicious and healthy meals, you should go for eating the Mediterranean diet. Along with supplying extremely delicious and different tastes to you, it also keeps your body healthy.
What are the Best Books on Mediterranean Diet to read?
There are several benefits of adopting the Mediterranean diet. If you are conscious about your health and want to enjoy delicious meals at the same time, you should use it. Many people have written a lot about it. To know more about the Mediterranean diet, you can read a variety of books written on it as there are many books so you can get more and different information about this diet. These books have all the necessary information one should know about the Mediterranean diet. You can read this review article to clear all the things related to the Mediterranean diet.
Best Books on Mediterranean Diet: Our Top 20 Picks
Here are some of the best books on mediterranean diet that you can consider to expand your knowledge on the subject:
1. The Complete Mediterranean Cookbook: 500 Vibrant, Kitchen-Tested Recipes for Living and Eating Well Every Day by America’s Test Kitchen
Lists more than 500 fresh and delicious recipes to serve your hunger in a healthy way. It also holds the element of creativity in its Mediterranean recipes that taste even better and flavorful. Not only are these recipes tasty, but also are they healthy and quick. Also, these recipes can be made using only a few simple ingredients that you can get easily from your local grocery store. There are large chapters specified for beans and vegetables in this book. Also, it has a separate part of seafood, poultry, and meat. Not only this, but they are also are specific corners for fruits and sweets.
- Authors: America’s Test Kitchen (Editor)
- Publisher: America’s Test Kitchen; Illustrated Edition (December 27, 2016)
- Pages: 440 pages
2. The Mediterranean Diet for Beginners: The Complete Guide – 40 Delicious Recipes, 7-Day Diet Meal Plan, and 10 Tips for Success by Rockridge Press
Includes a detailed introduction to the Mediterranean diet. It also says various basic principles and a lot of benefits of the Mediterranean diet. It also has a complete seven-day meal plan, which keeps you on track to reach the healthiest health conditions. All you must do is to stay determined and stick to the diet plan. This book lists 40 classic recipes that give you all that your body needs. These recipes are rich in nutrients and are healthy to eat. You can find breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes in this book.
- Authors: Rockridge Press (Author)
- Publisher: Rockridge Press; Illustrated Edition (April 5, 2013)
- Pages: 80 pages
3. Mediterranean Diet for Beginners: Everything You Need to Get Started. Easy and Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes for Weight Loss by Brandon Hearn
Provides you with recipes that will not add on to your calorie count. You can delight your taste buds with fresh and healthy food. It has recipes that are enough to fulfill your hunger and will also help you lose your weight. The Mediterranean diet has plenty of fruits and a lot of vegetables. In opposite to this, it is low in red meat and controls sugar. This book holds recipes that you can simply make from basic items. These recipes are easy to make and healthy to eat. These recipes will prove beneficial in getting rid of obesity and will also improve your cardiac health.
- Authors: Brandon Hearn (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (January 23, 2019)
- Pages: 97 pages
4. Mediterranean Diet Cookbook: 550 Quick, Easy and Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes for Everyday Cooking by Liam Sandler.
Has all about the Mediterranean diet. Mediterranean diet is not just any simple diet; rather, it is a complete antithesis. This diet includes ingredients that have Greek origin, Italian origin, Spanish origin, Israeli origin, and other such middle Eastern origins. A few of the best recipes included in this book are Salmon and Mango mix, Tukey and Asparagus mix, Mozzarella and Pears Salad, Strawberry and Carrots Salad, Chicken with Artichokes and Beans, Scallions and Salmon Tartar, Pomegranate Pork and Sweet Potatoes, Cinnamon Banana and Semolina Pudding and Turkey, Leeks, and Carrots.
- Authors: Liam Sandler (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (April 16, 2019)
- Pages: 296 pages
5. The 30-Minute Mediterranean Diet Cookbook: 101 Easy, Flavorful Recipes for Lifelong Health by Serena Ball RD and Deanna Segrave-Daly RD
Lists the history of the Mediterranean diet and other information related to it. It also shares the number of health benefits that we can get if we switch to this diet and start eating healthy. This book also lists a variety of recipes that require only basic ingredients that are easy to find. These recipes are matchless in both flavor and nutritional values also.
You can now enjoy the fun of cooking without being stressed in the kitchen. Just follow their shortcuts, and you will be able to make recipes that nutritious and healthy without making any compromise on the taste.
- Authors: Serena Ball RD (Author), Deanna Segrave-Daly RD (Author)
- Publisher: Rockridge Press; October 30, 2018 Edition (October 30, 2018)
- Pages: 196 pages
6. Mediterranean Diet Meal Prep: Easy and Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes to Prep, Grab, and Go. 21-Day Fix Meal Plan to Lose Weight as Fast as Possible by Brandon Hearn
Has several recipes that are extremely easy to make and require just a few basic ingredients to get prepared? You can easily get these ingredients from your local grocery stores along with their complete nutritional profile. This book has recipes mentioned in separate categories for diverse types of meals, such as breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There is also present a 21-day meal that allows you to master the Mediterranean diet and carry it out in the proper way.
- Authors: Brandon Hearn (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (March 2, 2019)
- Pages: 107 pages
7. The Mediterranean Diet Weight Loss Solution: The 28-Day Kickstart Plan for Lasting Weight Loss by Julene Stassou MS RD
Includes weekly meal plans that prove helpful in weight loss. This book holds 100 recipes that focus upon on the number of calories. You can find dishes that are quick and easy to prepare. Also, it holds single pot meals, shopping lists, make-ahead tips, and ways to use the leftovers. Not only this, but you can also learn about the ways to gain maximum benefit from your workout. Also, it gives you a proper routine about sleep and activity that you must follow to undergo a healthy weight loss transformation in just 28 days.
- Authors: Julene Stassou MS RD (Author), Mark Sapienza MD (Foreword)
- Publisher: Rockridge Press (August 22, 2017)
- Pages: 240 pages
8. The Complete Mediterranean Diet: Everything You Need to Know to Lose Weight and Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease with 500 Delicious Recipes by Michael Ozner
Includes 500 recipes that are delicious to taste and healthy for your body. Some of these recipes include Pizza Margherita, Spicy Whole Wheat Capellini with Garlic, Savory Mediterranean Chickpea Soup, Grilled Citrus Salmon with Garlic Greens, and many others. Also, after reading this book, you will find out the answers that are most questioned about the Mediterranean diet. Such as why should you switch to this diet from normal diet routine or what is the right way to make this diet result even more effective.
- Authors: Michael Ozner (Author)
- Publisher: BenBella Books; 1st Edition (April 29, 2014)
- Pages: 576 pages
9. Mediterranean Diet for Beginners 2019-2020: The Complete Guide – 21-Day Diet Meal Plan – Lose Up to 20 Pounds in 3 Weeks by Susan Skylar
Relaxes the people who want to switch to the Mediterranean diet by telling them that turning to Mediterranean diet never means to cut on from tasty and delicious dishes.
It simply means that you must eat only a healthy meal that holds basic elements that are necessary requirement of your body. This book has amazing recipes that entice your taste buds and fulfill your hunger. The Mediterranean diet is a perfect choice for those who want to live a healthy and long life. From this book, you can learn a lot about the replacement of toxic foods with healthy and nutritious ones to add on to the quality of your life.
- Authors: Susan Skylar (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (July 5, 2019)
- Pages: 74 pages
10. The Mediterranean DASH Diet Cookbook: Lower Your Blood Pressure and Improve Your Health by CDN Abbie Gellman, MS, RD
Includes a lot of information explaining the reason to opt for the Mediterranean diet, and the best ways to make this diet result even more beneficial for us. It also has 100 recipes that are right for several types of meals, including breakfast, salads, sweets, soups, and entrees that are loved by people throughout the world. Also, these recipes are extraordinarily rich in nutritional terms and are also very flavorful. This book lets you know all about the Mediterranean diet and the ways to master this diet. Also, it stresses the importance and the benefits of turning to the Mediterranean diet to improve the quality of life.
- Authors: CDN Abbie Gellman, MS, RD (Author)
- Publisher: Rockridge Press (November 12, 2019)
- Pages: 188 pages
11. Mediterranean Diet Meal Prep: Delicious and Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes. Lose Weight, Save Time and Feel Your Best with The Mediterranean Diet (Mediterranean Diet for Beginners) by Meghan Flynt
Tells that the Mediterranean diet is the best possibility to opt for those who are looking forward to adding quality to their life. This diet not only gives you healthy recipes but is also very nutritious and healthy for your health. It teaches you about making delicious recipes such as Quinoa granola, Lemon herb avocado chicken salad, Steak and veggies, Mediterranean egg muffins with ham, Mushroom goat cheese frittata, baked tilapia, Italian sausage, and veggie pizza pasta and many others. There is present a wide range of delicious breakfast recipes that prevent you from getting bored of repeated breakfast routine.
- Authors: Meghan Flynt (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (July 25, 2019)
- Pages: 107 pages
12. Mediterranean Diet: A Complete Guide: 50 Quick and Easy Low-Calorie High Protein Mediterranean Diet Recipes for Weight Loss by Matthew A. Bryant
Enables you to learn the basics of the Mediterranean diet and the actual reason behind the working of this diet that is scientifically proven. It also shares a list of advantages that you get received help from after you switch to this diet. It also shares information about the effectiveness of this diet for losing weight. This book holds a full diet plan for a whole week, along with 50 recipes that are very quick and easy to make.
- Authors: Matthew A. Bryant (Author)
- Publisher: CAC Publishing LLC (November 1, 2016)
- Pages: 107 pages
13. Mediterranean Instant Pot Cookbook: Simple and Delicious Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners on Mediterranean Diet by Ariana Duncan
Lists the necessary steps and the basics of going with the Mediterranean diet in the right way. It also tells the reason one must opt for this diet. This book is unique because it not only lists the benefits of the Mediterranean diet but also shares the disadvantages of going with this diet. It shares several recipes that are full of nutrition, are easy to prepare, are tasty and healthy. Not only complete meals, but this book also shares some Mediterranean snacks that you can enjoy feeding your cravings.
- Authors: Ariana Duncan (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (December 5, 2019)
- Pages: 104 pages
14. The Mediterranean Diet: Mediterranean diet for beginners, Mediterranean diet plan, meal plan recipes, plant, cookbook diet, Mediterranean diet weight loss, burn fat and reset your metabolism paradox by melissa smith
Not like other books guaranteeing a notable quantity of weight in just a few days without putting much effort. This book believes and facts. The main thing that you must keep in your mind while going for weight loss is setting a goal feel first and then striving for achieving that goal. This book says that mental strength and stability is a key point when losing weight. You can find a lot about the history of the Mediterranean diet, its number of benefits, a shopping list, a 14-day meal plan, and a lot of delicious Mediterranean recipes.
- Authors: melissa smith (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (April 14, 2019)
- Pages: 284 pages
15. Mediterranean Diet for Dummies by Rachel Berman
Explains how leaving your ordinary diet routine and opting for the Mediterranean diet changes your life. This can make an improvement in your health and can save you from several serious diseases. It holds 20 recipes that savor your taste buds and delight your taste. Mediterranean diet is preferred throughout the world because of its vast range of benefits. The major benefit that it supplies is effective in weight loss. Also, this diet saves you from the trouble of cardiac problems. In addition to this, it is suitable for dealing with pre-diabetes conditions. It is because this diet is rich in whole grains, fresh fruits, and vegetables.
- Authors: Rachel Berman (Author)
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1st Edition (September 3, 2013)
- Pages: 320 pages
16. The Super Easy Mediterranean Diet Cookbook for Beginners on a Budget: 250 5-ingredients Recipes that Anyone Can Cook | Reset your Body, and Boost Your Energy – 2-Weeks Mediterranean Diet Plan by Dr. Belinda Mack
It has interesting and useful information about the Mediterranean diet. It also shares the lifestyle that one must opt for adding even more effectiveness to this diet. The uniqueness of this book lies in the point that it holds 250 easy recipes that just require five ingredients to be made. There are also presents a variety of salads, desserts, and appetizers that add variety to your meals and do not get you bored with your diet.
- Authors: Dr. Belinda Mack (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (November 29, 2019)
- Pages: 111 pages
17. Mediterranean Diet the Complete Cookbook: Quick and Easy Mediterranean Recipes for Weight Loss (Mediterranean Cookbook) by Ana Thornton
Perfect guide for those who want to switch to the Mediterranean diet but do not know how to make things work? This book teaches you the essential nutrients that are necessary requirement for the Mediterranean diet. Also, it shares about what foods one should go with if he is on the Mediterranean diet. It also lists five benefits of shifting to a Mediterranean diet that ate scientifically proven along with sharing the recipes for 75 enticing recipes.
- Authors: Ana Thornton (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (January 3, 2020)
- Pages: 103 pages
18. Mediterranean Diet for Beginners: The Complete Weight Loss Solution Based on The Mediterranean Islands Lifestyle and Their Cooking History with A 30-Minute Easy Recipes Cookbook by Diana Kalos
Best book for those who have a lot of questions in their minds about the Mediterranean diet. It answers the main question of what the Mediterranean diet is. Also, it tells me what to eat and what to avoid during this diet. Not only this, but this book also tells you the right way of setting goals for weight loss and achieving them too. It also shares the proper routine to make the Mediterranean diet result even more healthy for you.
- Authors: Diana Kalos (Author)
- Publisher: Mediterranean Diet For Beginners
- Pages: 145 pages
19. Mediterranean Diet Air Fryer Cookbook for Beginners: Easy, Delicious & Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes to Heal Your Body & Help You Lose Weight. Plan to Kickstart Your Healthy Lifestyle) by Barbon Joner
Has a list of recipes for distinct categories including Poultry, Beef, Pork and Lamb, Vegetarian, Desserts, Breakfast, Appetizers and Salads, Fish and Seafood. It also answers questions such as what the Mediterranean diet is, what is the history of the Mediterranean diet. It also shares the science behind the Mediterranean diet. Not only this, but it lists the benefits of switching to this diet and the right way, to begin with, this routine.
- Authors: Barbon Joner (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (November 20, 2019)
- Pages: 110 pages
20. MEDITERRANEAN DIET FOR BEGINNERS: The Complete Guide Solution with Meal Plan and Recipes for Weight Loss and Eating Well Every Day. Reset your Body and Boost Your Energy! by JAMES RAMSAY
Says that consuming less amount of red meat is beneficial for the body during the Mediterranean diet. To fulfill the basic nutritional requirements of the body, this diet prefers the consumption of plant-based foods and lean protein. This type of protein includes seafood, legumes, fish, and beans. According to researchers, it has been proved that the Mediterranean diet is extremely healthy for the body as it takes well care of the nutritional demand of the body.
- Authors: JAMES RAMSAY (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (December 29, 2019)
- Pages: 215 pages
Choosing the Best Books on Mediterranean Diet
Mediterranean diet is good for your stomach and body. It has a variety of tastes in it. This is a good possibility for those who want to stay slim and smart. So many people use this for weight loss as it keeps you fit and healthy. This diet has no harmful effects on your cardiovascular system. As it is full of nutrients and flavor at the same time, so anyone is free to enjoy the taste. If you are in search of food that helps you in all the aspects, including your taste, health, and much more, Mediterranean food is the best choice to go for.