When we are born, we are extremely happy in our life. The happiness we possess at the beginning of our life is best explained by the maxim “ignorance is bliss”; because we are unaware of the injustice of the world. As we grow up, we are continuously and constantly exposed to the harsh reality of life. As we become aware of the atrocities of the world and the existence of evil, one might become depressed and become a pessimist.
What are the Best Positive Thinking Books to read?
No doubt, there is evil in the world, but there is also goodness. Focusing on the negatives, forgetting about the positives and seeing the glass as half-empty will only leave our life empty of meaning.
We have compiled for you a list on positive thinking that we think would be beneficial for you.
Best Positive Thinking Books: Our Top 19 Picks
Here are some of the best positive thinking books that you can consider to expand your knowledge on the subject:
1. The Power of Positive Thinking
The power of positive thinking is a best-selling book by the author Dr. Norman Vincent Peale that has changed the lives of numerous people worldwide. The author has one goal for his book only; to help the reader find happiness. The book is not only hopeful but is also practical. It is extremely helpful for you in change your thinking and attitude towards life. The book is replete with pragmatic, no-bullshit ways that you can adopt to add value to your life.
At the end of this book, you’ll have acquired the knowledge of how to believe in yourself, how to make your life better, how to make your dreams come true, how to deal manage your stress, how to improve your relationships, especially the relationship you have with yourself.
- Authors: Dr. Norman Vincent Peale (Author)
- Publisher: Touchstone; Reprint Edition (March 12, 2003)
- Pages: 218 pages
2. The Power of Positive Energy: Powerful Thinking, Powerful Life: 9 Powerful Ways for Self-Improvement, Increasing Self-Esteem & Gaining Positive Energy, Motivation, Forgiveness, Happiness & Peace of Mind
This Christian book, written by Andrian Teodoro, is an amazing book on how to use positive thinking to upgrade your book. It guides you towards freedom, freedom from negative thoughts and stress. It gives you certain direction that are easy to follow. It provides you a way to cultivate better habits that you can incorporate in your daily life, that are followed by the great people in history.
Once you have read this book, you will observe effective changes in all areas of your life. You will have higher self-esteem and self-confidence. Moreover, you will feel light and you will find gratitude about your happy life.
- Authors: Andrian Teodoro (Author)
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (September 18, 2016)
- Pages: 137 pages
3. A Year of Positive Thinking: Daily Inspiration, Wisdom and Courage
A Year of Positive Thinking: Daily Inspiration, Wisdom and Courage is a journaling book by Cyndie Spiegel. This yearly planner is designed to help you better your life day by day. It encounters one of your thought and deals with it day by day. The books is intended to guide you on the journey of personal transformation. It has a strong foundation of neuroscience, psychology and other fields of science.
The book has daily exercises for you to complete, targeted for self-reflection, self-validation and self-love. You’ll get to explore different mantras, different affirmations for you to believe in yourself and five you confidence. The book is flexible and its format does not require you to start from the beginning of the year, you can start journaling at any time.
- Authors: Cyndie Spiegel (Author)
- Publisher: Althea Press (December 11, 2018)
- Pages: 266 pages
4. The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can’t Stand Positive Thinking
The book contains antidotes and stories from people all over the world throughout history. All these people have an extraordinary approach to life. Their meeting point is an idea: embracing the negative path to happiness. The idea contradicts our pre-conceived, conventional idea that positivity will lead to positive change. It is not as new an idea as it may seem; it has its roots in history.
The book offers an interesting, unconventional approach to success in life; maybe the path to greatness shouldn’t be planned every step of the way. Maybe aimlessness is the correct way to fulfill your aims. Whether the book might be your cup of tea or not, it will surely force you to think out of the box.
- Authors: Oliver Burkeman (Author)
- Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux; Reprint Edition (November 5, 2013)
- Pages: 256 pages
5. Bright-sided: How Positive Thinking is Undermining America
Bright-sided: How Positive Thinking is Undermining America, by Barbara Ehrenreich, is a witty bestselling book that contradicts the notion of positive thinking. The author is vehemently against the notion of all those who stand for positivity alone and get so overwhelmed in it that they forget that the world is not all rainbows and unicorns.
According to the author, the concept of positivity is draining America. People need to be pragmatic and accept things for what they are. They should not rely on positivity alone. Negative outcomes should also be considered.
- Authors: Barbara Ehrenreich (Author)
- Publisher: Picador; First Edition (August 3, 2010)
- Pages: 256 pages
6. Beyond Positive Thinking: A No-Nonsense Formula for Getting the Results You Want
Beyond Positive Thinking, written by Dr. Robert Anthony, is a practical guide for how to get your life in order. It offers you easy to follow, sequential guidelines to achieve success in your life, career and relationships. It provides you the tools needed to visualize your future, foster your creativity and transform your life. This book is recommended by the best authors and professionals. It gives you the means to create the life you want. It teaches you to overcome hardships.
This book is the perfect balance between science, spirituality, psychology and pragmatism. The author has used his unmatched insight as a practitioner of the field to grab the reader’s attention and lead them to the happiness and success.
- Authors: Robert Anthony (Author), Joe Vitale (Introduction)
- Publisher: Morgan James Publishing (July 1, 2004)
- Pages: 196 pages
7. The Power of Positive Thinking (miniature edition)
This book is a mini version of the author’s bestselling book The Power of Positive Thinking. It is a pocket version of the original. It is a source of motivation for all and is full of the wisdom of Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. The big is small in size, but its message is huge in magnitude.
It’s a mini book guiding you to how to get your life in order and make constructive choices to live a productive life. It will teach you to love yourself and believe in yourself in the most profound way. It forces you to think outside of the box and change your limited perspective to expand to greater horizons.
- Authors: Dr. Norman Vincent Peale (Author)
- Publisher: RP Minis; Illustrated Edition (May 27, 2002)
- Pages: 128 pages
8. Everyday Positive Thinking
Everyday Positive Thinking, by Louise Hay, is a collection of affirmations and quotes from a number of esteemed authors including Caroline Myss, Bruce Wilkinson, Deepak Chopra, Doreen Virtue, etc. All of them have shared positive messages that they wanted to be heard by people in the world. The intent of the book is that you can open this book every day and get a daily dose of inspiration and positivity that you can carry forward in your day.
The book is extremely light in its tone and is not overwhelming in its message of hope and positivity. It allows new thoughts to fill your headspace that can be absorbed at your own pace.
- Authors: Louise Hay (Author)
- Publisher: Hay House Inc.; 1st Edition (March 1, 2004)
- Pages: 448 pages
9. Positive Imaging: The Powerful Way to Change Your Life
Another gem by the artist Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, Positive Imaging: The Powerful Way to Change Your Life is a rock solid guide in the pursuit of self-improvement. Positive Imaging builds up on the principles introduced in the classic, The Power of Positive Thinking. The book is just as invaluable as its predecessor.
The book offers doable guidelines to overcome the roadblocks that stand in the way of your happiness. The author’s proposal is “Imaging” through which you can visualize for a better future. You can fight your demons and change your life. Keeping your head in the game and your eye on the prize will lead you right to it. Read this book to embark on your journey to greatness.
- Authors: Norman Vincent Peale (Author)
- Publisher: Foundation for Christian Living; Special FCL ed Edition (January 1, 1982)
- Pages: 192 pages
10. Positive Thinking Every Day: An Inspiration for Each Day of the Year
The author of the book, Dr. Norman Vincent Peale has used his experience of having written 9 books on the subject to inspire his readers. His philosophy has influenced millions and has helped them improve their lives. The book is a classic and pays homage to the wisdom shared in the nine previous books by the author. It is truly an inspiration for every person to get up, start your day with positivity and do something great that day.
It contains something for everyone. It is helpful and encouraging in not losing hope and continuing to strive towards a better life.
- Authors: Dr. Norman Vincent Peale (Author)
- Publisher: Touchstone; 1st Edition (December 6, 1993)
- Pages: 384 pages
11. Norman Vincent Peale: Three Complete Books: The Power of Positive Thinking; The Positive Principle Today; Enthusiasm Makes the Difference
This is not one book, but it is a set of three self-help books by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale; the infamous bestselling book The Power of Positive Thinking, the lesser known but not less greater The Positive Principle Today and last but not least Enthusiasm Makes the Difference. Dr. Norman Vincent Peale is no less than the harbinger of the self-help movement and this book are his legacy.
The books offer great advice for personal and professional life. They offer an easy to approach to the betterment of your career and personal relationships. The examples quoted in the book are not over the top and are easy to follow. The book has a strong foundation in spirituality. The author wants his readers to benefit from the book in true essence and it shows.
- Authors: Norman Vincen Peale (Author)
- Publisher: Wings; New Ed Edition (September 21, 1992)
- Pages: 608 pages
12. Rethinking Positive Thinking: Inside The New Science of Motivation
Rethinking Positive Thinking: Inside the New Science of Motivation, Gabrielle Oettingen targets three areas of her reader’s lives; career, health and relationships. The author, through her commendable expertise on the subject, has introduced the concept of mental contrasting. It’s a way to visualize our goals and center our attention on dealing with the hardships that might stand in our way. As a result of this self-induced mental stimulation, you can feel motivated enough to put in the work to make your dreams happen.
The author has also suggested a process named WOOP- Wish, Outcome, Obstacle, Plan. After going through this process, one feels as if they have already done the very thing they were afraid to do in the first place.
- Authors: Gabriele Oettingen (Author)
- Publisher: Current; Illustrated Edition (November 10, 2015)
- Pages: 240 pages
13. Self Talk: How to Train Your Brain to Turn Negative Thinking into Positive Thinking & Practice Self Love
How to Train Your Brain to Turn Negative Thinking into Positive is a skill every person on this planet could use. As the book report, 80% of an average person’s thoughts are negative. Fortunately, 100% of people are capable of changing their negative thoughts to positive thoughts. All it needs is some wisdom and practice. Every person wants to live an ambitious and fulfilling life, what can set you apart from the rest is your thinking and the way you talk to yourself. Once you start analyzing your default harmful and destructive thought patterns and replace them with optimistic thoughts, start being kinder to yourself, your whole life will turn around, whether it be your relationships, your career, your health and your quality of life.
This book will equip you with strategies and exercises to declutter your mind and your life.
- Authors: Aston Sanderson (Author)
- Publisher: Lulu.com (May 14, 2019)
- Pages: 56 pages
14. Motivational Books: 365 Days of Positive Thinking: a motivational quote-a-day to increase productivity and bring positivity in your life (Volume 1), 1st Edition
Positive Thinking has a lot of potential for every person on this planet and yet, many fail to realize it and use it to their benefit. The easiest source of motivation that makes a powerful impact in a momentary second are quotes. Breathing words from another person. This self-help, by Jenny Kellett, contains 365 motivational quotes to guide you on your self-help journey.
Everyone fights a battle every day, this book of quotes might just help you defeat that battle. It might be one thing that upgrades your life from survival mode to fulfilment mode. Mayo Clinic and other organizations recognize the importance of positive thinking. It has various health benefits: lower rates of depression and anxiety, greater resistance to common ailments, better physical health, less risk of heart diseases, longer lifespan, etc.
- Authors: Jenny Kellett (Author)
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 1st Edition (March 15, 2016)
- Pages: 372 pages
15. A Daybook of Positive Thinking: Daily Affirmations of Gratitude and Happiness (A Blue Mountain Arts Collection)
A Daybook of Positive Thinking is a book that will boost your morale and contribute significantly to the betterment of your life. This book of wisdom and inspiration urges us to break away from the daily grind and instead redirect our energies to more fruitful opportunities that might be coming our way, if only we leave the door open for them.
Instead of exhausting ourselves with meaningless pursuits, we have to spend our lives with a higher purpose. The world is already full of hate, we need to erase that hate with love and optimism. If you read this book, you are guaranteed that every facet of your life will improve.
- Authors: Patricia Wayant (Author, Editor), A Blue Mountain Arts Collection (Author)
- Publisher: Blue Mountain Arts; Reprint Edition (April 1, 2015)
- Pages: 128 pages
16. The Path to Positivity: Proven Positive Thinking Techniques for Getting Motivated and Living Your Best Life
As the title suggests, this book is full of practical ways guaranteed to make you motivated. All of us want to achieve greatness in our short lives but lack the motivation needed to drive our dreams to completion. So where can we find this motivation. The book reiterates that it all starts with positive thinking. Once you set your mindset straight, good things follow.
The book advises you how to set your goals, care for yourself and manage your relationships. Different puzzles help you find your weaknesses and the book guides you how to work on them. After reading this book, you will feel accepted and you will be able to pay attention to whatever is important in your life.
- Authors: Caitlin Margaret (Author)
- Publisher: Rockridge Press (January 21, 2020)
- Pages: 156 pages
17. Positive Thinking: The Most Efficient Guide on Positive Thinking, Overcoming Negativity and Finding Success & Happiness
Positive Thinking: The Most Efficient Guide on Positive Thinking, Overcoming Negativity and Finding Success & Happiness is a great means for you to feel less stressed and stay positive. The book is replete with examples of exercises you can work on to think more positive thoughts and live a healthy happy life. Every person has traumatic experiences in their life that make them depressed and negative towards life. What sets the great apart from the rest is the way to deal with painful experiences and to not let them hinder your path to success and happiness. You cannot control what happens in your life, but you can control your reactions and the way you respond to the events of your life.
- Authors: Jack Morris (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (March 25, 2017)
- Pages: 62 pages
18. The 7 Power Keys to Positive Thinking: How to Be a Happy Person? Let’s Start to Think About Your Better Way! A Positive Journal and Book Help You Writing … for Living (Positive thinking Books 1)
The author Darcy Davis talks in his book, The 7 Power Keys to Positive Thinking, about seven specific ways you can be positive and enhance your life. The seven keys are: be your own competition (do not compare your life to someone else and make a judgment that it’s coming up shorter), separate yourself (isolate yourself from the negativity in your life and don’t let it steer you), focus (don’t get distracted, control your mind and your thoughts), be practical (don’t see the rainbow only and ignore the cloud, accept things for what they are), be positive (If you think positively, your life will change for the better), be yourself (being authentic will bring you closest to you true purpose), love ( let the hate go and pour all that energy into love).
- Authors: Darcy Davis (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (March 17, 2019)
- Pages: 73 pages
19. Positive Thinking: Harness the Power of Self-Talk to Increase Confidence, Help your Energy, and Be Happy, Change Your Attitude with Emotional Intelligence… Positive Psychology that Train Your Brain
Have you ever been called Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer? Are you familiar with people’s smiles disappearing when they see your face? Do you wish you could be one of those people who always look happy? Are you aware that it can happen and fairly easy at that? If you want, you can stop being a pessimist and become an optimist. You can improve your relationships, get rid of your anxiety, fears and worries.
Positive Thinking will give you a mental health care kit that will make your life easier and smoother. You will learn how to rid your life of toxicity, debunk the cliché myths of positive thinking, develop habits to keep your head clear and focused and meditate in a specific way to connect with your loved ones.
- Authors: Oliver Norman (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (August 30, 2019)
- Pages: 138 pages
Choosing the Best Positive Thinking Books
It is important to remember that happiness does exist in the world and you can have it too. The only thing you need to do is to not lose hope. We need to have a positive attitude towards life. To have a positive attitude, we need to think positive. It all starts with positive self-talk. Think positive thoughts and this optimistic mindset will manifest positivity in your life. Research indicates that positive thinking not only brings fulfilment in your life but it also has health benefits; it lowers stress, it reduces risk of heart diseases. It increases your lifespan etc.