Social security has made its way out of the cold, heartless world and has reached a world that knows its worth. Are you amongst the residents of this newly changed world, or are you still living back in that cold old world? Let us find the answer to this question. The simple answer is that all those who know the worth of social security belong to the new, modernized, and developed world. In opposite, all those who do not care for social security are still living in the previous times.
Social security is the financial security of a person who has given all his life to a specific organization. That organization pays him back for his tireless efforts by releasing him monetary fund’s when he gets retired. These funds are actually payback for all the struggles he had made for the organization.
What are the Best Social Security Books to read?
Social security funds are a tribute to the long years for which he has been serving the organization. There exist a variety of categories that owe the right to get their financial support after they get retired. These categories include widows, widowers, disabled people, Married, singles, and a lot more.
Best Books on Social Security: Our Top 20 Picks
Here are some of the best social security books that you can consider to expand your knowledge on the subject:
1. Get What’s Yours – Revised & Updated: The Secrets to Maxing Out Your Social Security (The Get What’s Yours Series) Hardcover
Get what’s yours is exclusively written to focus upon the status of social security and to let the deservers get their vital benefits. A single author has not compiled this book; instead, three people have worked hard to finish this book. The book is all about techniques and strategies that must get opted to achieve the rights.
The authors have stated many rules of the system of social security with quite several explanations. They focus upon the statement that one can seriously get hurt by a thing that he does not know. The book covers information about the social security benefits of divorced retirees, widows, widowers, and married retired couples.
- Authors: Laurence J. Kotlikoff (Author), Philip Moeller (Author), Paul Solman (Author)
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster; Revised, Updated ed. Edition (May 3, 2016)
- Pages: 384 pages
2. Secrets of RVing on Social Security: How to Enjoy the Motorhome and RV Lifestyle While Living on Your Social Security Income
Secrets of RVing is not any ordinary book written only in simple words. Instead, it is a complete adventure of traveling through all the world within a very affordable budget. It consumes only the retiring money to please your eyes and show them the whole world.
The author of the book has grabbed the title of writing the number one selling book of the time. Reading the book will let you know if the RVing lifestyle is favorable for your retired life or not listing both the advantages and disadvantages of such a lifestyle.
- Authors: Jerry Minchey (Author)
- Publisher: Stony River Media (June 16, 2016)
- Pages: 186 pages
3. Social Security Made Simple: Social Security Retirement Benefits and Related Planning Topics Explained in 100 Pages or Less
Mike Piper is a renowned author to writes about different topics. This book is a famous, informative, and exciting book about social security. In this book, he has explained a lot about social security retirement benefits. Social security benefits get counted amongst those essential elements that make up the image of society. Society is okay if social security benefits are getting delivered in time, and the nation is not up to the mark if these benefits are not getting delivered within the appropriate time limit.
He has also talked about the best time for claiming social security benefits in the best way.
Social security made simple contains everything about social security benefits. Also, about the benefits of having a government pension. It is necessary to keep a check and balance on the benefits you are taking from social security. You can also find information regarding the earnings you will get.
- Authors: Mike Piper (Author)
- Publisher: Simple Subjects, LLC (May 7, 2019)
- Pages: 131 pages
4. Social Security Income Planning: The Baby Boomer’s 2020 Guide to Maximize Your Retirement Benefits 2nd edition
Social security income planning is a book with clear statements that are quite easy to understand regarding the present social security benefits. The book is equally beneficial for both the singles and the marrieds. And stresses the real benefits one must know so that he does not miss any chance.
The author has used a conversational tone to address the readers and has also listed many useful examples to let the readers know all about the social security benefits. The outline of the book is eye-catching and enhances the reader’s interest to keep reading the book.
- Authors: Mr. Mark J. Orr CFP (Author)
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 2nd ed. Edition (October 2, 2013)
- Pages: 129 pages
5. Social Security for Dummies
Social security for dummies paperback is a book that includes proper information and guidance about social security benefits. It is essential to know the most suitable time to get your social security benefits. Also, knowing how to calculate your social security earnings is vital. This step is crucial to know to make sure that you are getting all of the social security benefits that you deserve and that none are left behind.
Jonathon Peterson has described the advantages and options of social security. Social security benefits are advantageous for you in many ways. You also have to know about the specific effects of these social benefits on your retirement taxes. A significant advantage of this is that it adds more help to your financial situation.
- Authors: Jonathan Peterson (Author)
- Publisher: For Dummies; 3rd Edition (June 10, 2017)
- Pages: 336 pages
6. Social Security Basics: 9 Essentials That Everyone Should know Paperback
Understanding the norms and regulations of social security is a hard task. But this social security basics has nine necessary points about social security. These will help you in every step, whether it is regarding the benefits, rules, options, or effects of social security. It is a must to keep knowledge of these points to keep the social activities to run smoothly and in a rhythm.
Devin Carroll is a brilliant writer and has written excellent books. Through his words, he tries to assist everyone. The way Devin does this is by writing everything complicated or straightforward things regarding his topic. He wrote this book to let people know everything about social security.
- Authors: Devin Carroll (Author)
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (April 5, 2018)
- Pages: 108 pages
7. Social Security: The Inside Story, 2018 Silver Anniversary Edition
Andy Landis is a great speaker, writer, and former SSA representative for the last forty years. She has made his name in this vast field of writing through the magic of his words. She takes the support of her words to spread a life-changing message to the rest of the world regarding social security benefits. According to her, during our experience, we keep on paying for social security benefits. So when we get them, we must understand the real benefits.
The two utmost elements that make up the financial security in the future are social security and Medicare. Social security, the inside story is a new version containing added examples, recent graphics, original footnotes, and a detailed note on how to expand your social security benefits.
- Authors: Andy Landis (Author)
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; Anniversary Edition (January 10, 2018)
- Pages: 308 pages
8. Social Security Strategies: How to Optimize Retirement Benefits, 3rd edition
The third edition of the social security strategies has gained much popularity among the majority of the book lovers. The newer version shares detailed information regarding the social security benefits given to various categories of people living in society.
The author has specially written this book to make people aware of their social benefits. And to let people know that their life can be improved even after their retirement. But for this, one needs to act very wisely. The improvement of life after the withdrawal is not a dream. Hence one must take into account his social security benefits to plan a proper path to get a relaxed experience even after retirement.
- Authors: William Reichenstein (Author), William Meyer (Author)
- Publisher: William Reichenstein & William Meyer; Third Edition (March 1, 2017)
- Pages: 177 pages
9. How to Get SSI & Social Security Disability: An Insider’s Step by Step Guide 1st Edition
The first edition of How to get SSI and social security disability is quite a reasonable attempt to show the disabled the right path and procedure to follow to avail of their social security benefits in time.
Mike Davis has a separate corner in his heart for those who are disabled. That is why the author does not want to waste the time of these innocents. And he wants a change in society. A move that provides the social security benefits to the disabled within time.
- Authors: Mike Davis (Author)
- Publisher: iUniverse; 1st Edition (September 18, 2000)
- Pages: 148 pages
10. Your Social Security Retirement Toolkit: A Step-By-Step Guide to Getting the Money, Benefits & Financial Support You Are Entitled to in Your Golden Years
Dr. Donna Davis has recreated the updated version of the social security retirement toolkit to get a better knowledge of the confusing retirement plans. The author has used freestyle writing along with well describing the benefits. The expression of the author has won the hearts of many readers, and the way everything gets explained is beyond remarkable.
There are answers to several unanswered questions mentioned in this book. Such as the amount of social security one gets. The procedure to have it. The different criteria for various categories and much more.
- Authors: Dr. Donna Davis (Author)
- Publisher: Golden Goddess Publishing (January 22, 2017)
- Pages: 131 pages
11. The $214,000 Mistake: How to Double Your Social Security & Maximize Your IRAs, Proven Strategies for Couples Ages 62-70 Kindle Edition
The $214,000 mistake is exclusively helpful for married couples who are in their 60s or 70s in getting better social security services. According to statistics, 97% of the deservers do not get their social security benefits.
The author James Lange has used a critical tone to ask about the delay in claiming the social security benefits, modifying the benefits, and increasing the security lifeline of the spouse. This criticism adds to the reason why this book has gained that much popularity all around the globe.
- Authors: James Lange (Author)
- Publisher: Retire Secure Press (July 20, 2018)
- Pages: 90 pages
12. The New Retirement Basics: The Quick and Easy Guide to Social Security and Medicare 2016
Life has so many phases like being born, growing up, reaching teenage, choosing careers, getting married, making families, settling our kids, growing old and then getting retired.
Donna Davis has answered several never-thought questions such as the amount of money one will receive, the procedure to get the money, and other information regarding Medicare.
- Authors: Dr. Donna Davis (Author)
- Publisher: Golden Goddess Publishing (December 12, 2015)
- Pages: 56 pages
13. 7 Paths to Maximizing Social Security: What You Need to Know to Plan for Retirement, Kindle Edition
Have you ever heard about the ways that get taken into account while taking social security? They are quite many, approximately around 500. With loads of information available, people still have complications in understanding social security works.
Tony Hansmann has provided the readers with a smooth and complete overview of social security. He also shares the process of social security and the techniques that must be applied to avail the maximum social security benefits.
- Authors: Tony Hansmann (Author)
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (January 25, 2017)
- Pages: 122 pages
14. Making Social Security Work for You: Advice, Strategies, and Timelines That Can Maximize Your Benefits
Making social security work for you is a modified guide to let you know all the possible techniques and strategies that will provide you with all the social security benefits up to the maximum extent.
Emily Guy Birken highlights the fact that social security benefits are amongst the top concerns of all the retirees. The author has beautifully described the pros and cons of delaying social security benefits.
- Authors: Emily Guy Birken (Author)
- Publisher: Adams Media (June 4, 2016)
- Pages: 256 pages
15. The Truth about Social Security: The Founders’ Words Refute Revisionist History, Zombie Lies, and Common Misunderstandings
The truth about social security is a marvelous piece of writing that lets the cat out of the bag. This book discloses the myths people have believed in for years. This mysterious book has some bitter truths hidden inside.
Nancy Altman is the president of social security works and is an expert famous for social security works. The author reveals the truth buried in the history of the popular government program.
- Authors: Nancy Altman (Author)
- Publisher: Strong Arm Press (August 14, 2018)
- Pages: 416 pages
16. A Social Security Owner’s Manual, 4th edition
The fourth edition of a social security owner’s manual is a modified version that stresses the importance of social security benefits. With every passing day, people are more into knowing the tactics to maximize their social security benefits.
Jim Blankenship has facilitated the readers with a manual that lets them calculate the level of their benefits. And the benefits get given to the spouse of the recipient. And the ways to add on to those benefits.
- Authors: Jim Blankenship (Author)
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 4th Edition (December 5, 2015)
- Pages: 194 pages
17. Social Security & Medicare Benefits Guide: Solving the Puzzle
Social security and Medicare benefits guide: solving the puzzle is a book written in simple words that are easy to understand. The author has used crystal clear words in this book that go straight into the hearts and strike our minds well. The book also mentions the various types of benefits that must get paid daily.
B J Elgin has further shared information regarding the retirement plans of the married couples, divorced couples, the disabled, the widows, the widowers, children, and almost all other categories.
- Authors: B J Elgin (Author)
- Publisher: Vale Summit Press (May 15, 2019)
- Pages: 118 pages
18. Nolo’s Guide to Social Security Disability: Getting & Keeping Your Benefits Ninth Edition
The author has aimed to shower some light upon the most ignored people of our society; the disabled. In addition to this, he mentions that the age of the recipient, the education of the recipient. And the tenure for which he has been serving causes an effect on the social security benefits. So these factors are necessary which one must consider before he begins to start thinking about his social security benefits.
Nolo’s guide to social security disability shares information about finding the disability criteria regarding the medical state, proving the extent of the disability, appealing for the denied benefits, and doing part-time along with keeping the gains.
- Authors: David A. Morton III M.D. (Author)
- Publisher: NOLO; Ninth Edition (March 30, 2018)
- Pages: 464 pages
19. Answers to Your Social Security Questions That You Didn’t Even Know To Ask (2019 Edition)
With the changing time, a lot of change has been observed in social security as well. Social security has become quite complicated now. There stands a misconception that one already has all the answers that get required before his claim for benefits. But in this book, there are many other questions that people never think about even though they are a must to consider.
The book “Answers to your social security questions that you didn’t even know to ask” focuses upon thinking about the reality that our social security is in our own hands. None other than us is more concerned about our money, our safety, and our rights. This book gives a message to gain a piece of better knowledge to have even better social security. This step is essential because the more we know about the social security benefits, the better we can deal with all the procedures and problems in getting our benefits.
- Authors: Cindy Lundquist (Author)
- Publisher: VuKnowledge; 2019th Edition (May 13, 2019)
- Pages: 52 pages
20. The Great Social Security Heist
The Great social security heist is a story about a boy who has passed out the college and is very new and fragile to this cold world. This boy is having a very successful and a great future. One day he accepts an ad given in the newspaper about a room getting given on rent.
As the boy decides to live in a rented room, he finds out that he has four roommates. All his four roommates are older than him and. They are retired soldiers who have a single motto. They are looking for that time to come when their social security benefits get given to them. All they want is their belongings back.
- Authors: Larry Enright (Author)
- Publisher: Independently published (December 12, 2019)
- Pages: 328 pages
Choosing the Best Social Security Books
In this article, we have talked about the legends and their legendary pieces of writings regarding social security, and its benefits. In the above-written text, we have mentioned 20 books that are related to social security, its importance, and its benefits. One must gather enough information about social security, and it benefits when one is about to retire.
A piece of well-gathered details about the social security benefits will let you live a pleasant and lively life even after you get retired. Always get this crucial point clear in your mind that you are amongst those who make their future.